The EOS Global Hackathon series is a first-of-its-kind event in the world of blockchain, with the continued goal of supporting a decentralized global community from the ground up.
Get involved and you will be joining hackers, product developers, marketers, and business leaders in creating a new wave of blockchain dApps that secure life, liberty, and property.
From June through the end of 2018, Block.one will be hosting a series of initiatives designed to find and give a platform to the most visionary architects of decentralization out there.
Four in-person events will be followed by a Grand Finale Pitch Competition that puts the best applications under the spotlight.
EOSIO: The Most Powerful Infrastructure for Decentralized Applications
(All prizes are in USD)
Those placing 1st - 3rd in the Hong Kong event will receive $2,000 USD per winning team member for travel and lodging to the Grand Finale in TBA.
- 1st Place: $100,000 (Cash + Travel)
- 2nd Place: $25,000 (Cash + Travel)
- 3rd Place: $10,000 (Cash + Travel)
- Superlative: Three (3) $3,000 cash prizes delivered to superlative winners
Announcement Coming Soon
EOSIO Version 1.0 Has Arrived.
Block.one released version 1.0 of their open source EOSIO blockchain software on June 2nd 2018. This software enables businesses to rapidly build and deploy high-performance and high-security blockchain-based applications.
EOSIO is designed to include:
Free Rate Limited Transactions
Low Latency Block confirmation (0.5 seconds)
Low-overhead Byzantine Fault Tolerant Finality
Optional high-overhead, low-latency BFT finality
Smart contract platform powered by Web Assembly
Designed for Sparse Header Light Client Validation
Scheduled Recurring Transactions
Time Delay Security
Hierarchical Role Based Permissions
Support for Biometric Hardware Secured Keys (e.g. Apple Secure Enclave)
Parallel Execution of Context Free Validation Logic
Inter Blockchain Communication
*Schedule is subject to change
Wednesday, September 19th
- 18:30 - 20:00 |EOSIO Global Hackathon Virtual Session via Zoom
- Webinar Link: TBD
- Meeting Number: TBD
Saturday, September 22nd
- 09:00 - 10:00 | Doors Open & Breakfast Served
- 10:00 - 11:00 | Opening Ceremony/Presentations from Partners
- 11:00 | Coding Begins
- 12:00 - 13:00 | Lunch Served
- 13:00 - 14:00 | Breakout Session(s)
- 18:00 - 19:00 | Dinner Served
- 20:00 - 20:30 | Pitch Workshop
- 21:00 - 21:30 |Pitch Practice Session
- 24:00 | Midnight Snack / Hack through the Night*
- *The venue will be open and staffed overnight if you’d like to hack through the night.
Sunday, September 23rd
- 07:00 - 08:00 | Breakfast Served
- 12:00 - 13:00 | Lunch Served
- 13:00 | Submission Deadline
- 14:00 - 15:00 | Judging
- 15:00 - 15:30 | Judge Deliberation
- 15:30 - 16:00 | Closing Ceremony & Top 10 teams announced
- 16:00 | Event Close
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria, with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 20 points, and the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Utilization of Blockchain Technology (5 points): How well suited is the concept for blockchain? Is there a clear need for a token and distributed ledger technology?
- Creativity (5 points): How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge? Is the idea defensible or unique?
- Impact (5 points): Did the team create an application that can have a real and valuable impact? Is the idea feasible / if pursued could it actually work in the real world?
- Scalability (5 points): What is the growth potential of this application? What impact can it have on the world as a whole?
Teams of up to 5 participants are allowed. All team members must have completed the participation agreement to compete.
You may not begin your project until the competition officially begins. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win.
Teams have full ownership of everything they build and are free to do with it as they wish whether they win or not.
Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before the competition ends.
1st place - 1st place
1st Place: $100,000 (Cash + Travel)
2nd place - 2nd place
$25,000 (Cash + Travel)
3rd place - 3rd place
$10,000 (Cash + Travel)