The LandSense Challenge targets individuals, web-entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs coming from all participating Horizon 2020 countries, to present innovative IT solutions addressing one of the three LandSense domains:
The challenge focuses on using data streams coming from the LandSense Citizen Observatory, the Sentinel Hub Service or other relevant EO data sources to design novel Land Use/Land Cover solutions for a range of applications within the selected domains.
Four LandSense Challenge finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at the Second International ECSA Conference 2018 on 3 June 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The first stage calls for ideas and invites participants to submit proposals for IT-based LULC solutions within one of three LandSense domains. Proposals (up to 2 pages long) should be submitted to the LandSense team by Friday 30 March 2018 (5pm CET), using the following email address: email@example.com.
Please see the Challenge webpage for the LandSense Challenge Application Form and further details.
In the second stage, the LandSense expert jury will select 4 proposals and announce the finalists on Friday 27 April 2018 (5pm CET). The finalists will be invited to the event in Geneva.
1st place - Winner Set Prices
- A grand prize of 1,500 EUR (in the form of a check presented at the event)
- A 1 year subscription to Sentinel Hub Enterprise, worth 5,000 EUR, provided by SINERGISE
- Online business coaching and mentorship services provided by the LandSense team
Participant - Set of Prices
Each of the finalists will receive:
- A travel voucher in the amount of 250 EUR per team for attending the event in Geneva
- One ticket per team at a discounted rate to attend the Second International ECSA Conference 2018 (Cost: 50 EUR)
- Business coaching and mentorship services at the challenge
- Matchmaking and networking opportunities with leading experts in EO and citizen science
- Promotional services by LandSense
- Presentation about the LandSense Engagement Platform at the Conference in Geneva