Are you a security pro? If so, $100K is waiting for you.
As a secure cloud solutions provider, we are looking to work with skilled security practitioners and hackers such as you to continually improve security. Our engineering team claims that their final product can guarantee no data breaches. Now, we want to put this to a test. If you win this contest, you will get that $100K, or we will accept their claim and give them a bonus.
This event will be an offensive type of Security Hackathon wherein a participant (or a group of maximum 3 participants) will have to locate and decrypt a target document found in the server environment setup by SurMD. We will be providing you the login details for the administrative account. For more details on the structure of this Challenge, please read the section on ‘How to Participate’.
Challenge our security standards as we design the next big thing in security together. If you are confident of your security skills, hacker skills, or math skills, or you are just interested, signup today, as the stakes are high.
The winner gets to walk away with $100,000 in cash!
This challenge is open to Individuals (any individual worldwide who is at least 18 years of age at the time of entry);
- excluding employees of the Company and members of their immediate families or friends, and
- excluding entities (and their personnel and consultants) that provide services for the Company and anybody else who has signed a NDA with the Company or has had access to this Challenge material).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register for this Challenge by providing your email address. This will ensure that you will receive important updates on this Challenge.
- Read all the documentation on this Challenge and understand it prior to the launch of this Challenge. You will be required to sign the Rules agreement in order to accept that you’ve read and understood all the terms listed. Please send an email to email@example.com if you’ve any questions.
- Keep an eye out for the email with your administrative account login details around the start time of the Challenge (Aug 7th, 2015, 8am PST).
- Participants will be provided with a web link and administrative user login & password exactly at the start time of the Challenge.
- The participants will be required to login to this web link and hunt for a document stored on the Challenge server. Details on how to identify the target document will be sent to you via email along with your administrative account login details. (Please note: a public notary will hold this document throughout the Challenge.)
- The participant will need to locate the target document, decrypt the content of this document, and email the decrypted document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your results by the end of Challenge (before 11:30pm PST August 9th, 2015)
- The notary will confirm whether the decrypted document received matches the original content of the document.
- If there is a match as per our Rules, you will be declared the winner and notified by email on the next steps.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION:
Please send your submissions to email@example.com. Your submission must include:
- The name of your submission
- Individual or team members' full names
- Attachment of the target document that you were able to locate and decrypt
The Agreement and all the Rules for this Challenge in its entirety is located here.
Total prize fund